Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cricut Design Space RECIPE: Bear-y Great Teacher Valentine's Day Treat Box Teddy Bear Parade Explore

You're a BEAR-y great teacher! Valentine's Day Treat Box




*I highly recommend using this file or you have to go through and select each and every tiny score dash layer and change option to score. I am not sure if you'll need to upload the box template into your images before this will work for you. I'd say if it doesn't show, upload the treat box into your images first and then follow my project file link.

Cricut Cartridges Needed:

  • Teddy Bear Parade (#M44E03) Girl Teacher/Student Bear
  • Victorian Romance (#M40A97) Valentine Scallop Heart
  • Font: Birthday Cakes- Writing Style

Outside SVG used:

  • Bird's Cards (FREE SVG files) Bag 1 Digital Cutting File (about 1/2-2/3 down the page) Look for circle handle cut-outs. Click on the title of the bag and it will prompt download of a ZIPPED file. Unzip the file, insert the file into UPLOAD IMAGE in Design Space using the Vector Upload method. Insert file and change Width to 10.5", Length should then change to 13.017".

Materials:
  • Cardstock: (I use Core'dinations 8 1/2”x11” Solid-Dyed Core Premium 65# Cardstock that I buy from Jo-Ann Etc.)
    • Sea Blue (from Candy Shop is the exact blue I use)
    • tan
    • brown
    • white
    • gray (very small amount, I recommend using a scrap piece for this piece)
    • red
    • royal blue
    • black
  • Patterned Paper: Coordinating to your box base color
    • I used: Magenta patterned for front and back and light blue polka dot patterned for sides
  • 5”x6” plastic treat bag (could use a sandwich bag cut to size) ( I used a larger treat bag that was 8”x6” and just cut the top couple inches off the top as evenly as possible using a ruler and X-Acto craft knife)
  • 12”x 1/4” Deco. Or Washi Tape
  • glue stick (and thin line Glue Pen- I use Zig Two-Way Glue)
  • pop dots
  • wiggly eyes- medium size. I buy mine at Wal-Mart for $1.97 for a pack of 75 in assorted sizes and they are adhesive backed. I love that! It doesn't get much better than that. I threw the tag way or I'd share the name brand. I found them in the craft section by the craft sticks.
  • Rhinestones – pretty small - red, green, blue
  • Silver Cricut Pen (that came with your Explore) or any pen that is compatible with the Explore that you choose to use
     
  • Treats of your choice (I'm using Hershey Kisses and adding a couple pens and a Dry-Erase Expo Marker in red)
Directions are pretty straight forward:

You'll cut out your box, add mats and then fold. Add deco. tape to the top of your bag about 3/4" down from the top. Assemble your bear and add rhinestones to the bow, glasses, apple, and button on shirt. Then assemble the heart and then add the bear to the front and heart to the back using pop dots. Fill with treats and send to your child's teacher!!

Here are more photos for detail and in case you need something to refer to. Please feel free to leave comments if you're having trouble and I'll gladly help you anyway I can.






Stay tuned.. up next post is a GIVEAWAY and another tutorial.

Thanks for reading! Just keep Cutting!



No comments:

Post a Comment